Free Software and Business/Administration (Was:Re: Italian e-govt investment and aid)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue May 14 22:46:39 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 17:13, Georg Jakob wrote:
> I know that this sounds like open source speak, but I think that's exactly
> why we *need* the FSF - to talk about freedom, to create awareness. If you
> talk about freedom in a sales presentation, you'll be laughed out of business
> quicker than you can say "GNU".

I've recently given a lite presentation of Free Software and GNU/Linux
on my company. It's an insider job *grin* but they've really like the
freedom concept.

There was one naysayer, though, who said: well, but if anyone can make
changes, how can it be compatible? I just said, anyone can make changes,
but that doesn't mean they will be integrated in the project. You have
the source, you change your copy. If you submit a patch and it gets
approved by the authors, it may get in the code.

I hope he understood that.

Hugs,

+ So let's do it...?