EU Copyright..

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 5 18:46:56 UTC 2002

Simo Sorce <simo.sorce at xsec.it> wrote:
> If in a document I say: "I think Free Software is a good thing!" and I
> licence the document under GPL, you are entitle to change (without even
> notify me) it to be: "I think Free Software is a BAD thing!".
>
> Now do you think this is fair? What is the meaning of permitting other
> people to change MY toughts?

Quoting:
    a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
    stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

Rather, it is clearly marked as a combination of your thoughts and theirs.
In that, even the above edit is accurately described.  There's nothing to
stop someone making a program that you have authored display the above
untrue message anyway.