EU Copyright..

RIBNITZ Robert robert.ribnitz at unifr.ch
Wed May 1 11:33:16 UTC 2002

Hello there,

with interest i Iread the proposed amendment/modification to the proposed
European Copyright Laws. With horror, I learned that the terms Free Software
and Open Source software are more or less used interchangeably.

Also, my understanding of Free Software/OSS was that releasing the
(modified) code to the community is a requirement, and not an option. In the
text it sounds like an option.

More precisely, I am unclear about the terms Free Software and OPen Source
Software. Do you know of any Software that is both open source, and
non-free, or that is free, but not Open Source?

Are theses distictions anything else than a political choice?

Robert