The Hurd

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 29 23:19:19 UTC 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:01:26AM +0100, Frank Heckenbach wrote:
> I'm sure when the Hurd will have been born, we'll soon see some
> benchmarks, and if it's really as fast or faster than Tux, everybody
> will switch, and there will be no market for Tux anymore, so it will
> die quickly.

I am absolutely sure that this will not happen.  Linux will be noticably
faster for the next couple of years, and people who just eye at benchmarks
will stick with it, while people with other priorities will either stick
with it, switch to the GNU/Hurd, or use both.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org brinkmd at debian.org