What do to about BitKeeper and the Linux Kernel

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at dekkers.cx
Fri Mar 29 12:32:28 UTC 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:52:46PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:24:17 +0100, Florian Weimer said:
> >
> >> For example, RMS is very reluctant to accept crypto code, and Debian
> >
> > Huh?  I am involved in a lot of discussions with him on *which* crypto
> > software should be used for the GNU project.  So, I guess your
> > information is a bit outdated.
>
> RMS does not want to have pervasive crypto in the GNU project because
> he fears that GNU distribution sites might be shut down if they offer
> crypto code or code with crypto interfaces.  Crypto code should be
> concentrated in a few packages, even if this leads to technical
> problems.

I don't understand, if you just place the main machines in Europe or
somewhere else we don't have those problems. IMHO crypto should be
intergrated in the system (and I'm happy Debian finally does this).

Jeroen Dekkers
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers at jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org
IRC: jeroen at openprojects