GPL - possible violation - what should I do?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Mar 20 18:17:33 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 17:16, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> No, this isn't a joke.

Then it is out of this reality :)

> Antitrust law applies to anyone who is dominant on a market,
> where dominant="more than 40% marketshare" in Poland (It's not defined
> in US law). So in Poland Apache Group would be quite restricted in
> what they can do, because of their "dominant position on HTTP servers
> market". In particular it would be illegal to "restrict competition in
> other markets by abusing their dominant position on this market",

If the ASF changed the httpd to GPL, other companies either have to
compete with a derived version of the apache httpd they use, make their
derived work GPL, or turn to proprietary httpds.

It does not in anyway restrict competition. I think it even fosters
competition.

Hugs, rui

+ So let's do it...?