neat story

Michael Kallas michael.kallas at web.de
Wed Mar 20 07:39:44 UTC 2002

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> schrieb am 20.03.02:
> On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 00:13, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:
> > El Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 11:22:06PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra deia:
> > > Boss: Does GPL really allow someone to use commercially the output of a
> > > program?
> > I don't understand. Most licenses allow the output of a program to be used
> > commercially. I wonder whether you can forbid it. Even Microsoft  allows
> > Word documents to be printed and sent to customers or providers...
>
> I told him that, but in his reasoning, you had paid for Word...
Nobody prevents you from paying $$$ to the nessus guys or to the
FSF, GNU etc. So maybe your boss feels better if he does :-)
Besides, you can contribute to any free software (or to free software in
general) easily, in contrast to proprietary programs.
Everything _can_ be abused, nobody forces you to do so.

My 2EU-cents
Michael
--
All thoughts are free, Who can ever guess them?
Die Gedanken sind frei, Wer kann sie erraten?