Dilema

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Tue Mar 19 15:32:00 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 14:32, John Tapsell wrote:
>   Can I have an agreement they won't distribute the code/binaries for say 1/2
> a year?  or is this illegal/immoral?   Are there any moral and legal ways I
> could something along these lines?

that would break the GPL!
GPLed software cannot be distributed with supplemental limitations!

  6.  Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
  Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
  original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
  these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further
  restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
  You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to
  this License.

--
Simo Sorce