Dilema

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 22:36:57 UTC 2002

John Tapsell <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
>   What VC horror stories are you thinking about?

I'm sure you can find them if you look.  Email me off-list if you want me to
point fingers.  ntk has linked to a few.

>   I'm not actually sure if they are VC's - they help me set up a limited
>   company, and lend me some money to get going, etc.

Depends on the terms: do they get shares?  Do they get control?

>   Also,  I can't see a way to make back my costs if I open source it

Go get yourself business books and look at existing companies that are
profitable on free software.  (No, we're too young to be a good example yet.
We're also deathly secretive about such things, because we're a private
company.)
--