The Hurd

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 17:56:46 UTC 2002

Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen at dekkers.cx> wrote:
> I don't think so. Linus wanted to write an operating system. Almost
> everything was already there written by GNU. He only had to write a kernel
> and a few other things. He misnamed this to "Linux" and didn't credit GNU.

Eheh, will you stop saying that?  Linus didn't even name his kernel "Linux"
originally, at least not in anything I've read.  This is not the right place
to revise history, nor is this the hurd-advocacy list.  Please, just post a
URL to your mailing lists &c and leave this discussion there.

Coming soon: UK AFFS Activity Report and a short review of aegis.
--