GNU Hurd

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 18 14:07:43 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 09:21:38AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Let us see if I will get feedback from him so it will be possible to do
> the port.....

I doesn't make sense for me to use smake because I am stuck with the Debian
packaging of cdrecord, which uses GNU make.  If you would use autoconf, or
at least config.guess in your package, then I could have at least attempted
to port any of the tools in the package.  But because you roll your own build
system, which of course got confused about our uname output (we use
something like i386-i386AT for the machine, and the dash seems to mess up
your patterns), I could only spent some time trying to find out what KARCH,
XARCH, whatever-ARCH are supposed to mean when I ran out of time.