GNU Hurd

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Sat Mar 16 16:00:59 UTC 2002

>From jeroen at dekkers.cx Sat Mar 16 13:43:27 2002

>> Any OS that nobody likes to run cdrecord on could be considered dead these
>> days....

>You're a funny dude. And arrogant one, thinking that cdrecord is such
>an important program. I can name dozens of programs which are far more
>important than cdrecord and most of them already run on GNU/Hurd. I
>would recommend people who want to port programs to GNU/Hurd to port
>some of the more important and useful programs instead of porting
>cdrecord.

You are the arrogant person!

I am only telling you facts. So far not a single person did show
interest for a HURD port of cdrecord and cdrecord is one of the free
programs wit the highest interest. Name a non-trivial program that has
been ported because there was a demand for it.

>I know OSes with more potential than 80% of the OSes cdrecord is
>ported to. Also cdrecord runs on some really dead OSes (NT-3.5, BEos).=20

There are more then zero people with interest for BeOS, there are zero people
with interest for cdrecord on HURD. It there were people doing everydays
work on HURD, then there would be interest for cdrecord on HURD. This is
a simple statement so even you should understand it.

Sorry, but I don't like to continue a discussion this way if it is biased
by your way of only counting ideas if they are compatible with your mind.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling

 FOKUS at CeBIT Hall 11, A14 - BerliOS at CeBIT Hall 11 D11 (Future Market)

 Meet me at CeBIT in Hall 11 D11 on the BerliOS booth - www.berlios.de