What do to about BitKeeper and the Linux Kernel (was: BitKeeper licence critic)

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Sun Mar 10 16:48:30 UTC 2002

>From: Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen at dekkers.cx>

>You're right. But certainly everybody is hacking GNU/Linux and not
>GNU/Hurd. I think it's likely that those people would have been
>hacking GNU/Hurd now if Linux didn't exist.=20

This is not the real problem!

If Hurd really is technically better, then you will find developers
if the way development is done is free enough. You will less people than
you would find for Lnux but the people you will find would be better.

Once Hurd has become usable it will become noticed by more....

The real problem of Hurd is that there is no real development.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling

 FOKUS at CeBIT Hall 11, A14 - BerliOS at CeBIT Hall 11 D11 (Future Market)

 Meet me at CeBIT in Hall 11 D11 on the BerliOS booth - www.berlios.de