What do to about BitKeeper and the Linux Kernel (was: BitKeeper licence critic)

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at dekkers.cx
Fri Mar 8 18:26:25 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:21:18PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:41:01PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 02:17:49AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > > Is there anything we can practically do to change the bk decision?
> >
> > Create awareness, spread the word.
> > LWN reports about a small pedition:
> > 	http://lwn.net/2002/0307/a/bitkeeper-petition.php3
> > There is a summary on the kernel page: http://lwn.net/2002/0307/kernel.php3
>
> Linus wrote an email about the subject.
> http://lwn.net/daily/lt-bitkeeper.php3

I don't see why I should even care about Linux and especially Linus at
all. Personally, I just help finishing the GNU system instead of
caring about the GNU/Linux variant. I don't see why people supporting
free software want to get associated with some bunch of people
promoting non-free software, use the term open source and try to get
all the credits themself for writing an operating system. They don't
give credits to the biggest part of the operating system, GNU, a part
that is such important that without it Linux wasn't even possible.

Jeroen Dekkers
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers at jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org
IRC: jeroen at openprojects