BitKeeper licence critic

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Thu Mar 7 22:46:41 UTC 2002

>From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>

>Fortunately, I do not think that this is the reality, but since I
>learned what bitkeeper I felt very worried... Linus' nightmares of cvs
>have turned true, but it's called bitkeeper. It almost feels like
>Dune... I do not wish this to happen, but it happens anyway.

>Now, as a sysadmin, if I find a bug in the kernel, all I can do is try
>to make a patch to a version of the kernel that may already be too old
>in developer time *sigh*.

You are kidding!

For 10 years of Linux thare have not been version control at all.

Now you will tell us that the fact that version control has been introduced
you are limited? Please stay reasonable.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling