BitKeeper licence critic // was ... license critic

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 12:36:13 UTC 2002

Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> wrote:
> BK will bekome GPL if openlogging.org goes offline for 90+ days.

One "solution" hinted at by the critique from the original posting says that
to let BitMover go bankrupt will resolve this problem.

A less charitable one would be to DoS it for that long.

I think it's unfair to accuse us of commenting based on second-hand
information.  I spent far too long yesterday reading the bitkeeper site, the
LKML threads, the Aegis and Subversion sites, etc.  As these are primary
sources, how are they second-hand?
--