RMS interview

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at kemisten.nu
Tue Jun 25 23:18:16 UTC 2002

* Frank Heckenbach writes:
> Now I'm wondering whether it's part of the propaganda of non-free
> software companies to make programming appear very difficult and
> only for the "elite". I don't know if it's intentional, but the
> effect seems to be so. It's kind of as if car makers would claim
> that riding bicycles is a professional sport and therefore everyone
> who's not an athlete should not try it and always drive a car
> instead. Telling people that that's not so is already a step to give
> some amount of control/choice back to them.

I think that companies make programming appear "very difficult" with
the prices on their software, prices ranging from $1000 to $2000, or
more.  I doubt that any "user" would want to waste that kind of money
on something that they will use occasionally, or less.

But hey, thats what I think. :)

Cheers,
--
Alfred M. Szmidt