Copyright assignment

Loic Dachary loic at gnu.org
Mon Jun 10 09:18:26 UTC 2002

	Hi,

	In

http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-38.en.html

	I read:

Since the continental-European Authorship law has a different basis
than the anglo-american Copyright, the FSF Europe has also been
working together...

	I'd like to get more information on this new subject. I wonder
why continental-European Authorship law implies that it is necessary
to work on a copyright assignment to the FSF Europe. I've been happy to
sign copyright assignments to the FSF in the past and will continue to
do so in the future.

	Are there compelling reasons to have copyright assigned to FSF
Europe instead of FSF ?

	Cheers,

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org