Changing OPL-options allowed?

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 23:24:02 UTC 2002

Wouter Vanden Hove <Wouter.Vanden.Hove at pandora.be> wrote:
> Appearantly, this guide is dual licensed with a traditional license and
> the OPL with options A and B. So the first statements do not contradict
> the terms of the OPL with options. Correct?

The options named are *more* restrictive than the OPL ones.  The OPL forbids
this in its appendix.  Therefore, the document is not licensed under the OPL
and reverts to "All Rights Reserved", so the only licence applicable is the
author's own sketchy terms above the OPL text.  Ouch.

I am not a lawyer, but I would definitely not let my company touch that
document without getting one to check.

--
MJR|  Scheme is an easy language with few rules. Here's an example program:
---'  (display "Hello world!n") or you could use some XMLRPC with
      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/comp/dist-sadvogato.scm  // www.schemers.org
|-----[ Luminas internet applications http://www.luminas.co.uk/ ]-----|