RMS interview

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 11:36:14 UTC 2002

Rainer Trusch <rainer.trusch at students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I got your argument right, but it sounds like everyone
> producing software with a non-free license is the same as the Redmond
> company? Thats tough.

Not necessarily, but they are all undesirable.

> [...] I was bit overun bei these general freedom comments, which had
> nothing to do with my main argument, giving me the impression they arn't
> listening to me.

Maybe you need to take a deep breath and talk slowly and clearly in words
that we can all understand?  Leave out all the points unrelated to your main
argument for now.  We can cover them later, perhaps.

I know I'm a minimalist sometimes, but part of communicating is leaving
words out.  People don't like reading long essays on mailing lists and will
normally skim through, looking for what the real meaning is.  (Often, I get
that wrong too.)

MJR