information about the GNU logo wanted

Rudy Gevaert rudy at zeus.rug.ac.be
Tue Jul 2 13:35:32 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 03:28:51PM +0200, Jonas Oberg wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert <rudy at zeus.rug.ac.be> writes:
>
>     But the background information is *poor* about the GNU logo.  The GNU
>     site doesn't give me any information (or else it is hidden away).
>     Doesn't someone here have any information about the logo?  Who drew it?
>     Are there practical issues about it, etc.
>
> The logo was likely drawn by Etienne Suvasa. Etienne did several
> illustrations and artwork for the FSF around 1990. But the exact
> details of it seems to be lost to history. You might be able to write
> to Lisa Goldstein <opus at gnu.org> who was one of the members of the FSF
> office in Boston around that time. She might know more.
>
> Also, if you do find more information, please let webmasters at gnu.org
> know so they can put that information on the web pages.

Thanks for the reply! I will mail miss Lisa and will let the webmasters
know.

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy at zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org

Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted
 all the other alternatives.  - Abba Eban (1915-)