GPL lawsuit in Germany

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Mon Jan 28 11:03:53 UTC 2002

>From: Florian Weimer <Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>

>Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> writes:

>> The official translation for "Urheberecht" unfortunately _is_ "Copyright".
>> However this is bad as Copyright is only a part of what I call
>> "Authorship Right". "Authorship Right" cannot be transferreed.

>I think the proper term for these rights is "moral rights".

I disagree, "Urheberecht" is a combination if the words "Urheber" and "Recht"
Urheber means originator so  "Urheberecht" is the (by law) right of the
originator which is the Author. This is more than simply a "moral right".

>> And this is one of the big problems when taling to FSF in USA.
>> They generally like you to transfer the Copyright to FSF wich cannot be done
>> as long as you write the contract on English because this language does not
>> have the right words to express the real factual situation.

>A solution for German citizens is under way.

I am looking forward to this solution.Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling