GPL lawsuit in Germany

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Fri Jan 25 15:53:04 UTC 2002

Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> writes:

> The official translation for "Urheberecht" unfortunately _is_ "Copyright".
> However this is bad as Copyright is only a part of what I call
> "Authorship Right". "Authorship Right" cannot be transferreed.

I think the proper term for these rights is "moral rights".

> And this is one of the big problems when taling to FSF in USA.
> They generally like you to transfer the Copyright to FSF wich cannot be done
> as long as you write the contract on English because this language does not
> have the right words to express the real factual situation.

A solution for German citizens is under way.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/