CD-R royalties

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Tue Jan 15 23:59:59 UTC 2002

On Ter, 2002-01-15 at 23:34, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> 	We also think that this court decission harms rights granted by Spanish
> Constitution, and are planning action against those royalties.
>
> 	I'd like to know how are things along Europe, so that we have some more
> background on the subject.

France, Portugal and I think Germany have the same kind of taxes.
Belgium was preparing a tax like that, but I don't know what the status
is there. The UK does not have such a law.

In Spain it only includes CD-Rs ? In Portugal it includes every
recording/copying device and blank media (which includes paper copiers,
VCRs, diskettes, etc.).

--
						Joao Miguel Neves