RMS: a patiot?

Max Moritz Sievers max.moritz.sievers at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 22:55:58 UTC 2002

I have visited stallman.org the fist time after 911.
I wonder if he was (or felt) forced to put this graphic on
his site: "America Means Civil Liberties - Patriotism Is
Protecting Them" "Other Americans, you may wish to copy
this icon to your own page, as a way of showing what
patriotism means to you. "

This doesn't sound as rms. And facing the development in
the USA and the whole "civilized" world with the SSSCA and
the Hague Treaty the words on his banner don't make sense.

Regards,
Max Moritz Sievers