MobiliX.org: severe charge with trademark issues by "Asterix and Obelix"

Thorsten Körner thorstenkoerner at thorsti.org
Wed Jan 9 17:42:17 UTC 2002

Am Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2002 13:25 schrieb Werner Heuser:
> Dear List Member,
>
> Werner Heuser author of Linux on the Road ( A Guide for Laptops and
> PDAs) has been charged with trademark issues by the owner of the
> trademarks for Asterix and Obelix "Les Editions Albert Rene" (Paris).
> The name of his website MobiliX.org is supposed to be
> mistaken for Obelix.
>
> The trademark Obelix was registered by the German lawyer
> Guenter Freiherr v. Gravenreuth. The legal charge is up
> to 250.000 USD or six months prison. The costs of the first instance
> are app. 15.000 USD. Werner Heuser has decided not to withdraw
> the name "MobiliX". He is supported by the German lawyers
> Jaschinski, Biere und Brexl - JBB (http://www.jbb-berlin.de).

Hi List
There is also an issue like this running against SuSE by this "Freiherr".
You can read about at http://heise.de/newsticker/data/odi-07.01.02-000/
(german).
This "Lawyer" tells that SuSE is hurting the Rights of www.crayon.de by
setting a Link to the Program Krayon in the KOfiice-Menu of their
Distribution. I've tried to reach the www.crayon.de Company under their
Telephone-Number: (+49) 431 / 24 12 47 . But without any Success.

I think it is highly recommended to stop this "Lawyer" at his Methode of
"making millions, while doing nothing".
He seems to be Online 'round the clock' on the Heise-Forum, so I think he has
nothing else to do.

It is time to so something, to change laws in a way, that this kind of people
cannot have success as a "Wegelagerer" (sorry don't know the english word).
It is time to start a campaign.
CU
Thorsten

Thorsten Körner		||	info at thorstenkoerner.de
Dannenkoppel 51		||	thorstenkoerner at thorsti.org
22391 Hamburg		||	GNU-GPG Key: 2D2C4868C007C4FA
http://www.123tk.de	||	reg. Linux-User:#187283