Bitkeeper in Linuxdevelopment :(

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Fri Feb 8 11:10:51 UTC 2002

Simo Sorce <simo.sorce at tiscalinet.it> writes:

> Honestly I do not understand why Linus can't use a
> "Linus-write-only-others-read-only CVS Repository", he will be able to
> manage the tree as he wish and others will have the great benefit of
> beeing able to checkout at any time the tree with Linus patches without
> waiting him to throw out a new tgz!

CVS does not support change sets.  In practice, this is a severe
restriction for dealing with dozens of patches.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/