Bitkeeper in Linuxdevelopment :(

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Thu Feb 7 12:05:38 UTC 2002

>From jonas at gnu.org Thu Feb  7 10:46:13 2002

>Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> writes:

>    A simple result of the fact that FSF stopped working on SCCS.
>
>I don't think the FSF ever worked on SCCS. James Youngman has
>implemented CSSC though, which aims to be compatbiel with SCCS. I
>don't know what status it has and the only real use I think is to
>retrieve SCCS-code from the respository and put it into some better
>revision control system.

The important thing _is_ that there was an official statement from FSF
that there will soon be CSSC. _This_ stopped other people from developing
working free SCCS alternatives. The result is that there is only CVS
which cannot be called free.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling