Bitkeeper in Linuxdevelopment :(

Jonas Oberg jonas at gnu.org
Thu Feb 7 09:45:53 UTC 2002

Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> writes:

    A simple result of the fact that FSF stopped working on SCCS.

I don't think the FSF ever worked on SCCS. James Youngman has
implemented CSSC though, which aims to be compatbiel with SCCS. I
don't know what status it has and the only real use I think is to
retrieve SCCS-code from the respository and put it into some better
revision control system.

Over the past few years I've heard several times that people are
working on various alternatives to CVS, but I don't think the FSF has
ever been involved in either of them. In the end, it's simply a matter
of what the various GNU volunteers wants to do. The FSF has no magic
pool of money they can use to hire tons of developers for specific
purposes :-)