Survey on the Free/Open Source Community

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Wed Feb 6 18:28:43 UTC 2002

On Qua, 2002-02-06 at 16:24, Werner Koch wrote:
> On 06 Feb 2002 01:47:40 +0000, João Miguel Neves said:
>
> > Believers (33%) - it is a matter of liberty.
> > Skill Improvers (25%) - improves programming skills.
> > Fun-seekers (21%) - the code is stimulating to write.
> > Professionals (21%) - uses the code for work needs.
>
> I am at least in the first and last group - why does it sum up to only
> 100% or how many of the professionals are also believers, etc.?

This groups are found with clustering algorithms. While the algorithms
are able to define groups by something they have in common, minimizing
the variance, they're not able to guarantee that there aren't people
that have characteristics from more than one group or that are in the
border between 2 (or more) of the clusters.
--
						Joao Miguel Neves