Identifying Corrupt Media and Tools

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 19:14:25 UTC 2002

Seth Johnson <seth.johnson at realmeasures.dyndns.org> wrote:
> [...] The problem being how does one check whether a piece of hardware has
> DRM in it or in any way restricts one's freedoms -- preferably before
> buying it?

Ask the salesman?  If they mislead, I believe you can return the equipment
as "not fit for purpose" in the UK at least.  For a different reason, I have
done this with so-called "software modems" in the past.

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.