That anti-patent pamphlet I mentioned

Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet galactus at stack.nl
Mon Dec 16 18:30:55 UTC 2002

Marcus,

You wrote:
> If all you care about is your personal freedom, you might be fine with the
> current developments in patent law.  However, I have extreme reservations
> about your judgement of what is good and not good for the society if you
> only value your own freedom and not that of others.  For example the freedom

I think you are being extremely unfair here. You make a value
judgment about today's society regarding software patents.
I respect that, but I make a different judgment. I can only
tell you how I view the world and whether I am happy with
the world.

Now you make it sound as if I am a completely selfish
arrogant bastard who is incapable of caring about anyone
but himself. I don't think I deserve that. I have different
opinions than you, but that does not make me an evil person.

So, I am not going to continue our discussion here because
I feel it is pointless. We are incapable of appreciating
each other's arguments, and I do not like participating in
a debate where it is fair game to insult your opponent.

Kind regards,

Arnoud Engelfriet

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself