My alternative busines model

Wim De Smet fragmeat at yucom.be
Mon Dec 9 15:39:48 UTC 2002

On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:45:40 +0100
Jan Wildeboer <jan.wildeboer at gmx.de> wrote:

> MJ Ray wrote:
>
> > No, monopolies are a breach of the underlying principles of
> > capitalism.
>
> But only if we agree on the same definition of capitalism. Similar to
> the question "What is OpenSource?" that shows significant differences
> in the answer depending on who you ask ;-)

The idea of the capitalist economy was pioneered by one Adam Smith in
(among other works) his notorious book "An inquiry into the nature and
causes of the wealth of nations". The basic ideas for a capitalist
economy were launched by him and are still considered the basics for
what we define as capitalism as far as I know. So your argument doesn't
make much sense to me, maybe I understood it wrong.