Brasilian state aproves "opensource" law

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 6 15:59:20 UTC 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 03:20:35PM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> It is my interpretation that that law forbids most free software just as
> well as non-free software.

> The way I read it, it explicitly rejects software that has any
> restriction in redistribution.

Maybe you can contact people in Brasila on this subject and
point out to them that the Free Software Definition of the FSF
using four freedoms is a widely accepted and clear definition
with a long history?

Point out to them that the most succession Free Software license
the GNU GPL needs to restrict the right of the user to restrict
fellow users when redistributing the software.

	Bernhard