My alternative busines model

Niall Douglas s_fsfeurope at nedprod.com
Wed Dec 4 23:40:24 UTC 2002

On 4 Dec 2002 at 22:56, MJ Ray wrote:

> Niall Douglas <s_fsfeurope at nedprod.com> wrote:
> > On 3 Dec 2002 at 21:49, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> >> I don't see selling proprietary software as a viable socio-economic
> >> model.
> > You seem to have something against capitalism. [...]
>
> Do you consider monopoly exploitation a true expression of capitalism?
> That would explain some things.

This is off-topic, but no - I consider monopolies to be the
inevitable consequence of capitalism. We use artifical legal
restraints to try and prevent them but it's a bad fit and never truly
successful. That's one of the many reasons capitalism is broken and
will have to be replaced someday.

Cheers,
Niall