My alternative busines model

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Dec 3 21:49:25 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:55:44PM +0100, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> > I don't see selling free software as a viable economic model.
> You can't sell information like you sell other goods. It's that simple.

Right. And I would add that:
I don't see selling proprietary software as a viable socio-economic
model.

Exactly the same way I don't see selling crack as a viable
socio-economic model.

Both bring a lot of satisfaction to the seller ($$) and both bring
serious problems to the consumer (a tad more in the case of crack
though... then again... ;) ).

Rui