How to promote free software

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Dec 3 14:58:10 UTC 2002

    I think we definitely got a message out at the european parliament
    recently. Although I do feel that most parties will be moving to
    harmonize with the US markets, no matter what we tell them.

Please do not be defeatist--since you see it will be a hard fight, the
right conclusion is that *you need to join in*.

This is not really a matter of "harmonizing with the US market".
That is a misleading way to think of the issue.

     Great speech there on tuesday btw, I much enjoyed listening to it. :-)

I am glad you enjoyed it, but it was not meant to be entertaining.
The point here is to stop software patents in Europe.

We need your help!