My alternative busines model

Wolfgang Jaehrling pro-linux at gmx.de
Tue Dec 3 04:09:32 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:29:46AM +0100, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I'm sure it contains much to invoke violent disagreement from list
> members, but since I lit the fire I thought I'd throw on some more
> wood! :)

I see that the reasons you believe to be the biggest problems of the
current proprietary software model are technical problems; however,
Free Software is not about technical advantages.  It is about social
and moral advantages.

As your proprietary model only tries to gain the positive technical
aspects that Free Software has, it is rather pointless in my opinion.

And BTW, the license seems to contain various paragraphs taken from
the GNU GPL, which would be a copyright violation. ;-)

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang