How to promote free software

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnu.org
Sun Dec 1 17:27:57 UTC 2002

> Very simply, it should say:
>
> Software Patents in Europe =
> 1. Damage to the European Software Industry
> 2. Damage to the European Economy
> 3. Damage to European ability to compete internationally
> 4. Damage to Europe's ability to innovate

Yes, I agree Free Software should stay out of the picture. The damage
exists independently of Free Software.  Worse, talking of Free
Software will reinforce someone's idea that we are a bunch of
freaks that want to pirare intellectual property and oppose companies
and innovation.

I'm convinced that the problems you list go much farther than Free
Software development, and most companies I speak with agree with me.

/alessandro