Free/Open Source Research Community

Wouter Vanden Hove Wouter.Vanden.Hove at pandora.be
Thu Aug 15 16:03:15 UTC 2002

I've just encountered a website that collects research papers on
Free/OSS Software:
http://opensource.mit.edu/home.html

Since I've never seen a link to this website from some well-known Free
Software-site or in discussions, I think this website is probably unkown
to many.

"Free/Open Source Research Community
In the spirit of free and open source software (F/OSS), we are
attempting to establish a community in which information will be freely
exchanged, so that we may further the understanding of open source and
its implications outside the realm of software development. We invite
researchers to post their papers on open source and free software here,
and to add themselves to the research directory, so that our community
can become steadily larger and more comprehensive.

This new demand for free and open source software has piqued interest
among scholars in disciplines ranging from sociology to economics to
social psychology, and has raised questions in fields of application
ranging from innovation processes to strategic management.

As an aid to these scholars, we offer the Free / Open Source Research
Community. By having visitors contribute to our research databases, we
hope to establish a community of information exchange that will lead to
a greater understanding of open source and it's applications. "

It already contains more than 50 papers.

Greets,
Wouter Vanden Hove