arch, was Re: SourceForge has drifted away

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 14 17:18:10 UTC 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:52:01 GMT, MJ Ray said:

> Does anyone here who has been watching the project longer know if this was
> pursued at all?

I had a quick look at the sources today (sid: apt-get source arch) and
I concluded that I won't look again at it.  The problem I have with
arch is that Tom seems to roll his own thing all over the place.  The
configuration system is more than strange for a GNU hacker, hundreds
of deeply nested directories, his own C library and far too many shell
skripts.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner