Why we speak about Free Software

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Wed Apr 24 16:55:15 UTC 2002

The real problem is:

Too many People yet think Free Software == gratis/freeware!

Form this error it comes: StarOffice == gratis/freeware == FS

If you change the formula to be Free Software != gratis/freeware!
then also StarOffice == gratis/freeware != FS works

Unfortunately we tend to assume others understood that concept simply
because THEY now use the these terms and WE know what they means, but
the fact that others use the term Free Software  (or Open Source) does
not mean at all they understand what it means fully!

There's lot to do yet!
Simo.