Why we speak about Free Software

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 15:46:29 UTC 2002

Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan at intevation.de> wrote:
> My personal opinion is that if the web pages did not
> change, also the corporate culture did not adopt the term
> Free Software nor understand the problem of the other term.

On a saddening point, an open source promoter with EC involvement was at a
meeting I was at recently, yet he promoted StarOffice as an "open source"
alternative.  I'm rather confused by this.  I am right in thinking that it
is restrictively licensed, am I not?  It looks it to me, but am I going mad?

(If that person is reading this list now, "hi".)