Microsoft prohibits GPLed work via licensing of CIFS standards

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.org
Sat Apr 6 11:10:20 UTC 2002

El Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 08:17:38AM +0100, Alex Hudson deia:

> > Can someone tell me whether we should expect this tactic against any Free
> > Software .net implementations?  Thanks, MJR.

I don't remember reading it myself, but apparently this may talk about
it (Ballmer at CeBIT).  Of course you possibly have to read through the FUD.

 http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/jk-12.03.02-000/

And, to Alex, RAND is incompatible with free software, and if it wasn't we should check
the exact terms of the ECMA policy (is M$ forced to diclose/license all patents,
or can they claim later they didn't realise they had a patent that blocks
the standard?).

--
Xavi Drudis Ferran
xdrudis at tinet.org