Microsoft prohibits GPLed work via licensing of CIFS standards

xdrudis at tinet.org xdrudis at tinet.org
Fri Apr 5 16:52:12 UTC 2002

> Or you could search prior art. ;-)

I guess you meam for USA citizens.

For UE citizens there's a better option. And it does not need
to be repeated for each patent that comes across:

Dedicate some time
to convince your politicians to turn down directive proposal
0047/2002, written mostly by the BSA. At least, if you don't want to
talk
to politicians, or businesses, institutions or associations,
contribute some time to help those who do (translate, gather
information, design, maintain sites, contribute money.

see  http://swpat.ffii.org/vreji/papri/eubsa-swpat0202/index.en.html
http://www.eurolinux.org/news/warn01C/index.en.html

for accounts of this dirty directive proposal by BSA and EU Comission.

And get in contact with eurolinux, the FSFE or other organisations
to coordinate your efforts (Caliu in Catalonia).

Because I guess everybody has already signed

http://petition.eurolinux.org

P.S. In fact for USA citizens their better option is to change
their patent law, but I can tell less about how to do that.