FSF Europe e.V. charitable

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Wed Sep 26 11:50:57 UTC 2001

Hello everyone,

last week we finally received the confirmation for our registration
and this week the official acknowledgement of our charitable status by
the German authorities has arrived.

This makes the "FSF Europe e.V." (the Hub) a registered, charitable
organization according to German law and allows it to issue
tax-deductable receipts in Germany.

The arrival of this last letter marked the end of our first big step
in terms of legal safety of the FSF Europe and the structure may now
be considered "legally consolidated."

I just wanted to share these good news with you.

We'll work to make the same happen in the other countries as soon as
possible.

Regards,
Georg

--