"Why we speak about Free Software" campaign

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Fri Sep 7 00:56:17 UTC 2001

 || On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:52:18 +0200
 || Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.org> wrote:

 xdf> Just a suggestion. Why use the term "local language"?.

You have a point there. My gut-feeling says that "other" is slightly
better than "any," though, so it is now:

 "For various reasons, speaking of Free Software or the equivalent
  term in other languages offers many advantages."

I feel that "other" is entirely neutral and should not pose a problem,
or am I missing something here?

 xdf> I'd also put the "Free software offers freedom" part at the top,
 xdf> so that:

I'm not so sure whether this is a good idea although I see the points
you are making.

This is because the last part tends to stick to the readers brain best
and I want that to be the freedom part, also it gives us the nice
chance to end with "Freedom counts!," which I believe is nice. Putting
it on top also kind of destroys the "flow" of the document, I
think. Does this make sense to you?

Regards,
Georg

--