[Richard Morrell <richard at smoothwall.org>] SmoothWall 0.9.9 making serious waves

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Sat Sep 1 04:35:12 UTC 2001

 || On 29 Aug 2001 01:04:48 +0100
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> How are you going to react to your name being used to promote
 mr> this software, Georg?

I don't know whether I should really react to having him thank me for
talking to him about these issues.

Do you think I should react?

 mr> Does his recent questionable outbursts on the GPL and
 mr> "freeloaders" worry you at all?

Yes, they do worry me.

But sometimes you get a distorted vision on a situation because people
get at each others throats and start behaving in an unappropriate way.
I find it very hard to assign blame in such situations and prefer to
work on a solution instead.

Richard Morrell asked me and others at the FSF to help him resolve the
situation. We will tell him what we believe needs to be done. If he
doesn't do this we will certainly communicate that fact, if he does,
the situation should get resolved within the next weeks.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>