Electricite de France distributes one of its numerical simulation softwares (Code_Aster) as free software

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 24 08:50:21 UTC 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:27:27AM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter a écrit :

> > Right now it is _not_ under the GPL.

> And of course, I hope they won't change their mind about the choice of
> the GPL, since they seem to have found lots of benefits in the GPL...
> and I hope these 3 points thay wanted to add won't block anything... the
> future will tell.

As I said: It is not GPL right now.

> If only they had asked us before doing such "additions" to the GNU GPL
> :( But of course their lawyers are smarter than us ;)

What lawyers often miss is that the GPL is more than just a license.
The GNU GPL is known to the Free Software community and they also
protect the GPL with public image.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)