about warez.at

POLLET Fabien @lias ArnaK, Inc. boom at spectacle.en.boucle.tv
Sat Oct 20 10:11:23 UTC 2001

Simo Sorce a écrit :
> "Stefano Maffulli (by way of Stefano Maffulli )" wrote:
> > Now that I think about it, isn't there in Germany a tax on cd-writers for
> > compensating software companies and the record industry for illegal copies?
> > Who do you think "suggested" that law? I am suspicious by nature :)
> >
> I'm not sure it is really true, but seeing a television programme here in italy
> ("report") about SIAE I came to know that in Italy you pay a tax on blank cd-rom
> and cd-rw to SIAE (10% I think) for the same reason people pay it for cd-writers
> in germany.
> That's just incredible (I use CD-rom's for backup only) but seem true.

In France too ... there is a tax on blank CD-R for compensating the audio industry (but not software industry). Now when we buy a CD-R, we pay for piracy .. then we can make illegal copies (if we pay), isn't it :)

--
POLLET Fabien @lias ArnaK, Inc. <mailto:arnak at arnak.fr.st>
http://www.arnak.fr.st

QuickASM, mailto:quickasm at arnak.fr.st, http://www.arnak.fr.st/quickasm